A Guide to Influencing Others and Negotiating with Purpose
Negotiating is a basic process in human life and a fundamental part of any business. The process involves resolving differences, coming to an agreement, and meeting goals. Negotiating is complex, time-consuming, and often frustrating. Consequently, to negotiate well requires a number of different skills, which are outlined in detail in this course.
Negotiating takes many forms. Whether you are building a project or delivering support, this course will give you a basic skill level to negotiate any situation. You will learn what the traits of a successful negotiator are, how to prepare for a negotiation, how to make the right impression, and how to close a deal. This interactive course includes techniques for effective communication and provides techniques for turning conflict into problem-solving.
- How common negotiation is and the value of good negotiation skills.
- Various negotiation styles along with the advantages and disadvantages.
- How to decide when to use manipulation and not persuasion.
- Techniques for getting persuasive presentations and conversations started.
- How to use the Five-S framework to make a persuasive presentation.
- How to deal with tough or unfair tactics.