From the moment we walk into the workplace each day, we are communicating with others. We talk. We listen. We write numerous types of documents, from email to text messages to reports and speeches. We “speak” without talking through our non-verbal behavior, gestures, and professional attire. How we communicate has a direct impact on our relationships with others and our ability to perform our jobs with confidence. The more skilled we are, the greater chance we have for personal and professional success.
In this course, you will become more aware of your communication style, including your body language, and how you affect others around you. You will also learn to use active listening skills, ask questions with purpose, assert yourself with confidence, and handle difficult situations.
- Be more aware of your communication style
- Use active listening skills to increase understanding and develop empathy
- Ask questions using probing and paraphrasing techniques
- Discover how your non-verbal messages communicate with others
- Present your professional best
- Handle difficult situations with more confidence
- Build relationships through open and effective communication